Technological innovation, superb customer support for its emergency services and blue chip business customers, and a growing programme of creative partnerships with emergency services suppliers, are driving a highly successful phase of business expansion for leading UK emergency services, business communications and systems integration company Primetech. Primetech has been serving emergency service, government, NGOs and business customers for many years, and is widely recognised for its high business and technical standards, and its track record of introducing cutting edge technologies in support of improved public safety and business communications.
Primetech is proud to announce a number of pioneering and industry-leading initiatives which will support the development of ultra-low emissions fleets, building on its existing commitment to lighter, faster and more effective firefighting and support systems.
Moving to a range of greener vehicles will help reduce the emergency service contribution to air pollution and global warming. Managing Director Henry Walker says, ‘We are dedicated to working to help support the development of ultra-low emissions fleets and our UK cities’ green objectives, in line with the Government’s initiative to reduce emissions and pollution as much as possible’.
Primetech has pioneered a number of key technologies in the UK market. These include:
- Primetech has launched its ground breaking new MistTech range, specially designed for rapid intervention vehicles, whether low emissions electric vehicles or lower emissions vehicles such as as utility vehicles carrying the Primetech MultiPod®. What makes the MistTech system unique is the way that it uses the patented collision-drop system to produce fine mist at the branch or nozzle head. This method gives firefighters the advantage of a cooler working area close to a fire, and improved fire suppression capabilities. This is achieved by two jets of water coming out of the branch or nozzle head and colliding at carefully calibrated angles resulting in a highly efficient mist droplet firefighting capability. What makes the MistTech system unique is the way that it uses the patented collision-drop system to produce fine mist at the branch or nozzle head. This is achieved by two jets of water coming out of the branch or nozzle head and colliding at carefully calibrated angles resulting in a highly efficient mist droplet firefighting capability.
- The MultiPod® Ultra Compact COBRA is a brand-new concept which has been built on Primetech’s successful frame unit used in the MultiPod®. MultiPod® Ultra Compact COBRA retains the same water carrying and firefighting capability as the standard COBRA model. However, it now has the benefit of a substantial reduction in weight, with the same 7-8 minutes of operation, therefore enhancing the speed and flexibility of a lighter weight device on utility vehicles.
- The creation of the Collaborative Response Vehicle with MultiPod®, providing fire and rescue services with a completely new (and flexible) category of fire fighting vehicle with communications
- The revolutionary MultiNet Comms family of modular, portable integrated incident ground communications solutions housed in a series of rugged peli-case ‘pods’, delivering Unmanned Aerial Vehicle, body-worn and other live-streamed video imagery, plus voice and internet access over 2.4 and 5.8 MHz WiFi via a mesh network, along with 3G/4G communications and private cellular networks;
- The introduction of Ka-band mobile satellite broadband into emergency services and business;
- The gathering and transmission of High Definition video from incident grounds on up to Incident Command Units and throughout command communications networks, including HQs,
- The Self Contained Communications Trailer will be fulfilling a requirement for a communications trailer that contains a range of high power communications systems to support multi-agency operations. It includes a C-COM Ka-75 iNetVu Ka-band mobile satellite broadband system, incident ground WiFi and an 8-metre mast capable of supporting a wide range of different frequencies and radio systems - UHF, VHF, TETRA - plus VoIP, digital television, satellite phones etc. All of these systems, plus a silent running generator, are being housed in a robust, waterproof, long-life co-polymer pod (a variation on the Primetech MultiPod) carried on a trailer that can be towed by non-specialist vehicles and drivers, both on- and off-road. The Self Contained Communications Trailer has multi-agency interoperability built into its DNA. All participating local authorities have provided input into its specification and development, and all will be able to use its features and receive its benefits.
According to Henry Walker: ‘The Ka-band system operates on beam technology, with high capacity throughput within that beam. One of the arguments that might be used against Ka technology is that you need beam capacity as you move between the different beams. However, our satellite hardware is agnostic to the beam; secondly we have a solution in the pipeline that will allow transparent movement between any of the beams.’
Primetech has the technological expertise and experience to create innovative new solutions to help emergency services, governments and business to solve some of the key communications challenges they face in a fast moving environment. Call or email Primetech today to discuss your specific requirements.