Date: 18 May 2017
Venue: West Midlands Fire Service Headquarters , Birmingham
The theme of the Congress training conference was: Improving Multi-Agency Resilience in the Face of an Evolving Threat.
Delegates were given an exercise scenario that was set in the West Midlands and which was facilitated by Dr Dave Sloggett. It was based upon contemporary tactics that are in use by terrorist organisations based in Western Europe and situated against a specific real-world backdrop of current iconic events in the West Midlands which have an international profile and which could be vulnerable to some kind of terrorist attack.
Delegates who attended the FIRE Congress training conference:
- Were updated on the very latest threat to Europe and the United Kingdom from terrorism.
- Tested fire & emergency resilience through a roving terrorist incident designed to stretch resources and assess procedures and capabilities.
- Heard from leading fire & emergency leaders on resilience capabilities
- Police and ambulance leaders gave strategic input on how their response capabilities can be mobilised to meet the latest terrorist threats.
- The event built on last year’s Congress on fire & emergency resilience capability and capacity to terrorist threats.
The aim of the exercise was to create a number of moral dilemmas for those participating that would test their resilience to events as they unfolded. The aim of this was to build personal resilience and through this help create organisational resilience in the event of unexpected forms of attack.
The FIRE Congress was sponsored by Primetech and Cold Cut Systems
For more information go to: https://www.pavpub.com/fire-congress-on-facing-the-evolving-terrorist-threat/
Other events featuring Primetech MultiPod® and MultiPod® COBRA
- June 15th. Northumberland FRS 'Wildfire' conference.
- June - TBC – Bi Annual Wildfire Conference – Dorset & Wiltshire FRS.